A new online book club sets out to read and discuss Puppy titles.
Puppy of the Month Book Club says of their criteria.
So what makes a book a viable candidate for Puppy Of the Month? Easy:
- Any novel nominated by the Sad Puppies for a Hugo nomination
- Any novel nominated by the Rabid Puppies for a Hugo nomination
- Any work listed in Appendix N of Gary Gygax's D&D Dungeon Master's Guide
- Any work published by Castalia House
- Any work selected by a Contributor that isn't shouted down by the rest of the contributors as an inappropriate selection
The only other criteria for selection is that the work has to be reasonably readable in two weeks, including shipping. No 1,000 page magnum opuses. Selected works should also be readily available, preferably through Gutenberg Project, Amazon.com, or one of the remaining major book chains. Any work nominated that required multiple trips to boutique booksellers or 'knowing a guy what knows a guy' – if we can't all find it we can't all read it, and hence we can't all discuss it.
For their first month, they are reading Nethereal by Dragon Award winning author, Brian Niemeier. Since this is a book I helped edit, I could not be more delighted.
You can find out more — or join in! — here.